Monday, August 6, 2012

Life's Little Lessons 2012 (So Far)

Hey Friends! So every year, I start off the year with a list of lessons that I learned the year before. My list is getting kind of long - and very interesting for 2012 so I thought I would stare what I have so far. What are some of your favorite small or big lessons? 


  • Perhaps selling an engagement ring to a guy isn't the best way to meet said guy.
  • To piggy back on that, albeit amazingly fun, its not generally a great idea to get engaged on a third date at the big game.
  • Do, however, go to Vegas on the second date.
  • Sometimes in life, you gotta just have that "what the hell" experience because you might not have it again. Live your life for you and worry about the details later.
  • One detail that is a non negotiable - when your boyfriend tells you that tonight you're going to "take the Pain Train to Pound Town" run like hell girl. I'll come pick you up!
  • Putting every single detail of your life on Facebook gets a fantastical response but WILL bite you in the butt. If you do it, prepare to reap the consequences.
  • Thrift stores in Pasadena Texas are some of the best in the world.
  • The Ritz Carlton in Vail is nice but I'd rather be with my cousin in a tent.
  • Follow your instincts. Don't do something that feels wrong - no matter how deep you've already gotten. Stop and take a second - and turn around. Those who matter won't mind.
  • I was born for a career in television.
  • It's great to have a ton of friends that want to ride with you in the limo but cherish the friends that will still go on the bus with you when the limo breaks down.
  • More soda, less vodka!
  • Hitting the gym and cleaning up my diet did wonders for my body and mind.
  • Essie makes the best nail polish!
  • Everything is ok in moderation - except married men.
  • Write thank you notes - even for a small gesture. They often times mean the most.
  • If you are reading this and you're a virgin, save it girl. It's not worth it and the right man will wait.
  • Do the extra work that comes along, even if you have to sacrifice - especially if it will build your skill set for the future.
  • When dating, be upfront and honest about how you are feeling. People appreciate and deserve that.
  • I still love throwing down in New Orleans. What a blast!
  • Hold yourself accountable for your actions but learn to forgive yourself with the same commitment. The ladder is hardest for me.
  • Animals are one of God's greatest gifts. Treat them with dignity if you hunt and always greet your pets when you come in the room.
  • Get several opinions before making a decision you are unsure about.
  • Witnessing your best friend getting engaged is one of the greatest thrills! Plus getting to be a MOH for the 2nd time. Congratulations Andy and Vicky!
  • Blogging is a fantastic outlet for expression.
  • I love my Facebook family. They make my life a lot more fun.
  • I've learned to be kinder than necessary - especially at work with strangers. You never know what they are battling.
  • Moroccan Oil is crucial for my hair. I freaking love it.
  • I'll never delete the numbers in my phone of people I love that passed away. 
  • Blackberry girl for life! Don't judge me!
  • Doritos Locos Tacos are sex. Try them!
  • Hot Tools makes an amazing curling iron.
  • I'm happy for my friends victories.
  • I decided to put what I "should have" on the shelf and be happy with what I do have. I've never felt so free!
Here is to a great rest of 2012!

XO,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment