Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday Funday with Britney

Happy Sunday Lovers!

I love Sundays. When I used to work Sundays, it's when I really felt left out of the world. Sundays are great because you can do so much or so little with your day. Unless I am on a work trip, I try to never work on Sundays. It's just a great day to relax and recharge before your coming week.

Today, my bestie-cousin Britney came over at the crack of dawn (10AM) and we grabbed breakfast at my favorite place, Toast. I got green chile for our omelets and it was super delicious. If you've never been to Toast, try it. It's on Littleton Blvd and I like it better than Snooze.

After breakfast, we decided to check out some of the cute little stores on Littleton Blvd. There are some super quaint little antique shops. As an antique dealer myself, I enjoy seeing what else is out there. Our favorite place was "Oh So Charming". http://www.ohsocharmingcottage.com/ It was like stepping into Pinterest itself.

We also like this wine rack but for vodka bottles!

After, we went to "Books" which if you haven't been there, it is such an amazing wonderland of books. It's on Broadway just past Arapahoe. You walk in and it smells like leather bound BOOKS! I loved it. Such an adventure.


After Books, we went to King Soopers. Britney and I love getting a kick out of all the people at the grocery store that think we are a lesbian couple. We act like a couple - just because we have been friends and cousins for 24 years. It's pretty hilarious - especially in bars and when we go to Vegas.

We decided to give our-self mani pedis by the pool. Every time I give myself one, I like to take my time and I have awesome products from Essie so it actually gives Ching at Happy Nails a run for her money. We used my new favorite color by Essie - "Merino Cool". It's like a purple/gray.



We laid by the pool for several hours and it was awesome! It even started raining - the amateurs ran away. We just sat in the hot tub! We also took a quintessential summer time feet by the pool picture that annoy all men on facebook:


Now we are just chilling on the couch watching Old School and eating watermelon and going to Texas Roadhouse for dinner later. My day kind of reminds me of one of my favorite songs by Ben Kweller called "Thirteen". You can hear it below. It's such a sweet song of the perfect day of a couple teens in love. They spend days doing nothing but it's everything.




Do you ever have days like this?

Happy Sunday Sexies!

XO
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment