Monday, January 21, 2013

Spaghetti Squash Lasagna!

Happy MLK All!

I wanted to share a yummy recipe I made with spaghetti squash...my latest food obsession!

Strands of roasted spaghetti squash are layered with marinara sauce, mozzarella and ricotta cheese, then baked in the oven until the cheese is melted and all the flavors bake together. Naturally gluten-free and vegetarian!!

Spaghetti Squash Lasagna

Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1 lasagna Calories: 291.0 • Fat: 13.7 g • Protein: 19.6 g • Carb: 21.0 g • Fiber: 2.7 g


Ingredients:

  • 2 cups marinara sauce (I used Wolfgang Puck or if Rao's is available, use that!) 
  • 3 cups cooked roasted spaghetti squash 
  • 1 cup part skim ricotta
  • 8 tsp parmesan cheese
  • 6 oz part skim shredded mozzarella (I used Sargento)


Directions:

See instructions on how to cook spaghetti squash in my "obsession" post a couple days ago.

Preheat oven to 375°.

In four individual 5 x 7-inch oven safe baking dishes, ladle 1/4 cup quick marinara sauce on the bottom of each dish. Top each with 3/4 cup of cooked spaghetti squash and spread evenly. Top each with 1/4 cup ricotta.

Cover with foil and bake for 15 - 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the edges begin to bubble; uncover and cook an additional 5 minutes.  That's it! You can also personalize it with extra veggies or meat if you want. Possibilities are ENDLESS!

It was delicious and great for a lot of people allergic to gluten or vegetarians that can eat cheese. I will be eating it this week at work!



Enjoy!

XO,
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. AMAZINGLY delish! Thank you for bringing me a yummy serving of this....I think I am going to make it, too!

    ReplyDelete