Thursday, January 10, 2013

Hellllloooooo 2013!


Hey All! Well I know it's been awhile and believe me, I think about my blog ALL THE TIME because there are so many things I want to write about. I am glad to be through the wonderful chaos if the last few months and back into some routine and back to blogging!! I compiled my running list of notes/lessons/thoughts of 2012. Here's to a great 2013. I am glad to be sharing it with all of you.
  • It's not generally a great idea to get engaged on a third date at the big game.
  • Let yourself do what you feel - just keep in mind the feelings of others.
  • Sometimes in life, you gotta just have that "what the hell" experience because you might not have it again. Live your life for you and worry about the details later.
  • One detail that is a non negotiable - when your boyfriend tells you that tonight you're going to "take the Pain Train to Pound Town" run like hell girl. I'll come pick you up!
  • Putting every single detail of your life on Facebook gets a fantastical response but WILL bite you in the butt. If you do it, prepare to reap the consequences.
  • Thrift stores in Pasadena Texas are some of the best in the world.
  • The Ritz Carlton in Vail is nice but I'd rather be with my cousin in a tent.
  • Follow your instincts. Don't do something that feels wrong - no matter how deep you've already gotten. Stop and take a second - and turn around. Those who matter won't mind.
  • I was born for a career in television.
  • Filming the TV pilot in March was one of the most fun, exhilarating, and exciting experiences of my life!
  • It's great to have a ton of friends that want to ride with you in the limo but cherish the friends that will still go on the bus with you when the limo breaks down.
  • More soda, less vodka!
  • Hitting the gym and cleaning up my diet did wonders for my body and mind.
  • Essie makes the best nail polish!
  • Everything is ok in moderation - except married men.
  • Write thank you notes - even for a small gesture. They often times mean the most.
  • If you are reading this and you're a virgin, save it girl. It's not worth it and the right man will wait.
  • Do the extra work that comes along, even if you have to sacrifice - especially if it will build your skill set for the future.
  • When dating, be upfront and honest about how you are feeling. People appreciate and deserve that.
  • I still love throwing down in New Orleans. What a blast!
  • Hold yourself accountable for your actions but learn to forgive yourself with the same commitment. The ladder is hardest for me.
  • Animals are one of God's greatest gifts. Treat them with dignity if you hunt and always greet your pets when you come in the room.
  • Get several opinions before making a decision you are unsure about.
  • Witnessing your best friend getting engaged is one of the greatest thrills! Plus getting to be a MOH for the 2nd time. Congratulations Andy and Vicky!
  • Blogging is a fantastic outlet for expression.
  • I love my Facebook family. They make my life a lot more fun.
  • I've learned to be kinder than necessary - especially at work with strangers. You never know what they are battling.
  • Moroccan Oil is crucial for my hair. I freaking love it.
  • I'll never delete the numbers in my phone of people I love that passed away. 
  • Blackberry girl for life! Don't judge me!
  • Doritos Locos Tacos are sex. Try them!
  • Hot Tools makes an amazing curling iron.
  • I rejoined the John Atencio team and he still makes the most well made and beautiful jewelry around!! Also I love my co-workers! 
  • I'm happy for my friends victories.
  • There are very few people that I can stand 24/7 for days and days (and few people that can stand me!!!) but my BFF cousin Britney and I always seem to manage. We took the most amazing vacation to Boston in November and had a wonderful time. Boston in November is perfect. You can read about that madness here!!
  • Crawl spaces aren't the most IDEAL place to sleep but good in a pinch at your cousin's house warming party. 
  • It's ok to pay for a date - but only if it benefits the Children's Hospital 
  • I make a pretty hot Playboy Bunny if I say so myself. 
  • RESET if you want to lose a few lbs before Christmas!
  • Beautiful people come from unexpected places. 
  • I need my friends. 
  • FIREBALL shots. That's all I need to say. 
  • Girls only birthday brunches are good for the soul.  
  • Always keep your promises - even if it's hard. 
  • Hair Extensions are AMAZEBALLS.  
  • NUTELLA. 
  • Jamie Bagley is the SPRAY TAN ORACLE! Get your SPRAY TAN OOOOON! I found out that I love spray tans. They take off like 30 lbs at least. OBSESSED. Jamie also has several other amazing businesses like a super cool photo booth for your parties (it made my Winter Festival SO much more fun), is a USANA distributor, and also updates my WEBSITE!! This girl is on the up and up.
  • Vegas is an amazing place to spend for New Year - especially with a sweet boy.
  • Rao's Restaurant in Ceasar's Palace has the BEST marinara EVER and you can buy it at Whole Foods! (Great on spaghetti squash!)
  • I decided to put what I "should have" on the shelf and be happy with what I do have. I've never felt so free!
  • 27 will be a great year!  
<3 Always,
Rach

1 comment: