Friday, April 13, 2012

Have You Ever Been To An Estate Sale?

Have you ever been to an estate sale? If not, GO! It's like going to a thrift store...except you can find even better deals. All estate sales are different and the stuff at them reflects the person that is either moving or died. It also depends on the person hosting the sale. Some estate sales have rock bottom prices and some start high the first day and then go down throughout the weekend. I have been to high end sales at multi million dollar condos downtown or just a regular one in a mid level neighborhood. The fun thing about them is that the house and everything it is for sale - the linens, cookware, TV's, clothes, backyard ornaments, - anything. It's a great opportunity to get furniture or anything you've been needing but don't want to spend full price.

Sara and I this morning. We got our usual Friday coffee to go and hopped on over to the sale.
 

Enter - my vacuum purchase! I moved out almost four years ago and never bought a vacuum because I have a cleaning lady that comes once a month so I have never really needed one but I have always wanted one. The problem is I am a vacuum snob and wanted a Dyson. I wanted that or nothing - so I have gone without...until this morning! Sara and I went to an estate sale at the new house she and her husband bought. It's a super cute house and totally them. I am so happy for them!

I walked down the stairs of the house and it was like the clouds parted and the angels started singing because right there, was my Dyson vacuum in excellent condition. I tried it to make sure it worked. $50 bucks. I saved about $400 off the retail - these are around $450 last time I was at Target. I scooped it up as well as a Pyrex glass container to take salads on the go - for $2.00.



I would say it was a triumphant pick! Keep in mind when you go to only buy things you need or know you will use. So many things at this estate sale were so cheap and I thought, "Oh that is so cheap for that!" and was tempted to buy it...but unless I could sell it quickly on eBay, I didn't need it cluttering up my home. Be discerning at what you purchase and your time and investment will pay off quickly!




Happy Friday Friends! 

Love, Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment