Sunday, April 22, 2012

My Gorgeous Earring Project

This last week I secured a huge collection of hand made, natural (not imitation) turquoise earrings. They are simple earrings without HUGE stones so they won't weigh down your ears and can be worn dressed up or down! They are so cute and the color is amazing for spring/summer. I am in love with turquoise right now. Since they are natural, each pair is unique. I thought they were so cool and I was planning on putting them on eBay and turning a huge profit and then I got to thinking. I am going to give them away as my own project! I am going to give them to amazing women. I am going to give them to my BFF's, friends I talk to on Facebook, people I work with, ladies at the post office, people I have lost touch with but still think about, a great lady that helped me at King Soopers, my neighbor, my Mother, and even a couple random women that I feel might need a pick me up. Some of my most profound memories have come from the kindness of a stranger.

Why would I do this? Because you're gorgeous. That's right. You. Are. Gorgeous.

It's my version of "Operation Beautiful". You can read more about the project here. The goal of the Operation Beautiful is to end negative self-talk to ourselves and to encourage and remind others just how AWESOME we are. If this project only does one productive thing, I hope it helps readers realize how truly toxic negative self-talk is - it hurts you emotionally, spiritually, and physically. After my break up with Mr. Big, I went through a few weeks of negative self-talk. I was in a major funk. It was awful and I wanted to stop it. It took some time, but I did. I am choosing to be positive. Part of this was the positivity I received from the people I confided in. I am eternally grateful for this.



Eckhart Tolle says in his book The Power of Now, ”Nothing ever happened in the past; it happened in the Now. Nothing will ever happen in the future; it will happen in the Now…Life is now. There was never a time when your life was not now, nor will there ever be.”

What we concentrate on grows. I am choosing to be thankful for where I am and what I have.
I love, love, love this! I recently posted it on Facebook.


We can start by encouraging, most importantly, ourselves. We’ve got to have love for ourselves before we are able to give it to another. We need to take care of ourselves ladies! One of the ways I have helped myself is keeping positive affirmations in my phone to refer to when I need encouragement. I also have a note in my phone that is pages long now that I started with little positive thoughts and things I need to remember. They are the sweetest things in life - often times the little things. (like a pair of simple earrings!)

I love these!



The goal of Operation Beautiful is random or anonymous acts of kindness. I guess mine isn't really anonymous because I had to ask for your address but I hope it was random for you =] I also hope that something simple as a little pair of earrings in the mail (or if I gave them to you in person) reminds you that you are awesome. The world is a better place because you are here. 



Every time I start to think negatively I pull myself back. Get yourself back to reality, don’t try to predict the future or relive the past, it’s impossible and trying to do so will not only drive you mad but further down funk road.






If I didn't email you directly, shoot me an email here. I would be glad to send you a pair of "gorgeous" earrings. Here is my awesome friend Michelle in hers! I also realized I didn't put return address on my letters so if yours don't arrive within a week, let me know!



I think these earrings are super fun because they are natural turquoise which is the only way to go. Like I said, every single pair is different which is awesome. Wear em' with pride ladies and remember, "you're gorgeous!" I am going to wear mine everyday as a reminder. Show me yours!




Love Always, 
Rachel





2 comments:

  1. Seriously inspirational Rach! You are a truly amazing friend and woman! You inspire me to be a better person every day! I love that you have a huge heart and give with all of it! It shows the fabulous and self-less woman that you are! I am so lucky and thankful to have you in my life! Operation Beautiful is an incredible way to give back and give someone an incredible gift that will make them feel "Beautiful" and special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple and nice designs.
    I recently purchase some earrings which are so gorgeous to look. Earrings online shopping has some unique and simple, like those, designed earrings. They services are also satisfying. You will love it.

    ReplyDelete